· Check dimensions of fridge space. Increase to 1000mm or more if possible.
· Plumbing near fridge for those with ice/chilled water dispensers. Preferably in a cupboard above or next to it.
· Check dimensions of microwave space.
· Consider upgrading from laminate to granite
· Two bowl sink with filtered water tap
· Consider provisioning for outdoor / second kitchen. You will need a gas point, water, and power point
· Extra cupboards, especially overhead with bulkheads
· For wooden flooring and some tiles height of kitchen appliances need to be adjusted as well as first step of stairs
· Ask skirtings to be only tacked in so they can be easily removed for floor covering installation
· Frosted windows
· Medicine cabinet
· Granite basin
· Floor to ceiling tiles
· Mirrored sliding robes
· Double glaze windows for sound and heat insulation
· Consider dimensions especially if you own a 4wd
· Consider Widening for extra storage space
· Drive through roller door can be very useful
· Auto garage doors or at least power point provisions for future installation
· Power points for tools. Will you need 3 phase power?
· Power points for second fridge or dryer and ducted vacuum motor
· Telephone points, TV points and double power points,
· Power points for vacuuming
· Cordless phones also need power points
· Power point / light provision for garden shed
· Provisioning for garden lighting
· Ducted vacuuming
· Doorbell / video intercom and or alarm system
· Height of power points e.g.: wall mounted TV or projector
· Sensor lights around house
· Check positions of power points and light switches
· Data points. Consider Foxtel, IPTV, Internet connection in other rooms, printers, and also for streaming data.
· Outdoor power point or in alfresco. Also consider outdoor gas point.
· Low voltage floor lights / niche lights or along stairs look great
· Consider Dimmer switches for some rooms
· Solar power
· Consider positions and number of fresh water / recycled taps
· Consider backyard drainage and any pipes you may have to lay
· Recessed electrical meter box
· Zoned ducted air conditioning with control pad for upstairs and downstairs
· At framing stage, take photos of walls in all rooms before gyprock goes on so you know location of all studs and wooden frames